This is the original FUEL TANK CLASSIC model.
FuelTank is the power supply for effect users. It gives 1000mA through 10 standard plugs, of which 2 are isolated 12-volt.
Features: Mains Input Power plug, 3-pin standard plug, same input plug as a computer
Voltage Selector, 115/230 volts, works overseas!!! Supply your own computer-style plug-in power cable for your country, or use the US style cable supplied.
8 DC output plugs 9-volt, all connected to the same ground. 500mA total.
12-volt DC output, isolated ground, works great for our Chorus pedals or Tube Screamers etc for more clarity and headroom. 500mA Total.
12-volt AC ouput, with a 2.5mm jack. Has isolated ground, for the T-Rex Replica and other AC pedals like some E-H tube pedals, Black Cat ring mod or Vibe, etc. 500mA Total.
Blue LED is activated when unit is powered up.
This is small and will fit under the PedalTrains, even the pedaltrain Junior if you use the angled ends on the power supply.
Size: FuelTank Classic 6.25" x 3" x 1.5" (15.8cm x 7.6cm x 3.8cm)
The FuelTank gives a total of 1000mA.
Comes with the following cables:
- 8 black 20cm long cables with standard 2.1mm (Boss barrel style) ends
- 8 black 50cm cables with standard 2.1mm (Boss barrel style) ends
- 1 black 50cm cable with 3.5mm (1/4" old MXR/EH plug style) end
- 1 black daisy chain cable with five 2.1mm ends
- 1 red 50cm DC cable 2.5mm end for 12V AC port
1 red 50cm DC cable 2.1mm end for 12V AC port
1. Can the FuelTank Classic power my pedal?
ANSWER: Yes, if your pedal needs either 12 volt or 9 volt it can. If your pedal needs 14 or 18 volt or something else, it cannot.
2. Do I have to check the power consumption of my pedal, before I connect it?
ANSWER: No. If your 9 or 12 volt pedal needs more than 500 milli Amps, it will simply distort, because it doesn't get enough power. However, all 9 and 12 volt pedals, that we know, uses less than 500 milli Amps, which means that the FuelTank can easily drive them.
3. Can the FuelTank Classic drive all my pedals?
ANSWER: That depends on which pedals you have. They have to be either 9 volt or 12 volt pedals, and the total power consumption has to be less than 1500 mA. Then it can. Most pedalboards use less than 1500 mA total, which means that the FuelTank usually powers a complete board. Usually pedals with a battery lid uses 10-30 mA.
4. Can the FuelTank Classic drive all T-Rex pedals?
- We use the FuelTank Classic, when we setup a guitar demo board. The Replica gets the 12 volt AC, the Room-Mate gets 12 volt DC and the rest is connected using the link cable. Easy.
- We use the FuelTank JuicyLucy when we set up the bass demo board. The Room-Mate gets two outputs combined, the Squeezer also gets one output and the rest is connected using the link cable.
5. Does the FuelTank have isolated outputs?
ANSWER: The FuelTank consists of 3 isolated blocks - 9V DC, 12V AC & 12V DC. The eight 9V DC outputs all share the same ground, which means that they are not isolated.
6. Is each output short-circuit protected?
5. Is it better to use the link cable (daisy chain) instead of the singular cables.
ANSWER: Yes. In some areas, like Greece, there can be noise in the electricity. You can avoid that by using the Daisy chain.
6. Can all T-Rex pedals run on 12 volt DC?
ANSWER: Yes. Also the Replica. Even the pedals with a 9 volt battery container and the sign "9 volt DC". When you look in their manuals it actually says 9 - 12 volt DC.
7. Are there any products that do not work with the FuelTank?
ANSWER: Yes, the Mojo Vibe. It uses an internal step-up circuit where 9V is altered to 18V - this causes a horrible noise on the ground. We suggest that the Mojo Vibe gets its own power supply.
We've also discovered that Lehle products need separate outputs (either 12V DC / 12V AC)in order to work with the FuelTank.