They are back! For the two years, Analog Tom worked full time on writing the ultimate effects book, released in 2004. Now we're proud to announce the re-release of Analog Man's Guide To Vintage Effects in 2013
These books can be a bit fragile, pages can get loose if you are not careful, and Analog Man did not print these (Tom did) so we can't really refund the book if it gets damaged as we pay almost full price from Tom for them. See the video above to break in the book before reading it.
Originally published in December 2004, Analog Man's Guide to Vintage Effects is now in its Second Printing, having sold thousands upon thousands of copies since its release.
"... this book is one-stop shopping for just about anything you need to know about stompboxes. Highly recommended!" - Art Thompson, Guitar Player
Generally regarded as the most complete, in-depth, and accurate effects reference to date, the Analog Man Guide features:
- A thoroughly researched and minutely detailed history of vintage effects
- Interviews and commentary from vintage effects luminaries such as Mike Matthews, Keith Barr, Roger Mayer, Tom Oberheim, Fumio Mieda, Mike Beigel, Pete Cornish, and others
- A technical explanation of all the various types of effects by former Electro-Harmonix engineer Howard (Mick) Davis
- A mind-bogglingly comprehensive directory of vintage effects listing more than 150 manufacturers and nearly 1000 products
- A chapter devoted to the world's most rare and sought after vintage effects
- A wealth of tech tips, trivia, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Commentary from musicians such as Elliott Randall, Jay Graydon, Steve Hackett, and others
This exquisitely printed volume, presented in an 8.5 x 11 soft cover coffee table format, is as impressive visually as it is informative. Analog Man's Guide To Vintage Effects has earned a place in some of the most esteemed literary collections, including the Library of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and is recommended reading for courses at Musician's Institute in Hollywood.
"If you play electric guitar and use any pedal, or if you collect and document various pedals, you need this book." - Eric C. Shoaf, Vintage Guitar magazine
"It's just the greatest book on pedals." - Joe Satriani