In late 2004 Z.Vex Effects announced the release of the silkscreened Vexter Series Fuzz Factory. This new model Fuzz Factory has the same sound and parts as the original hand-painted Fuzz Factory, but it's been updated with an on/off LED and a DC power jack that works with Boss-type 9VDC adaptors.
Silkscreened over a hand-polished, lacquered aluminium enclosure. The Vexter Series Fuzz Factory is exactly the same as the hand-painted series in sound and function, but because it is not hand-painted, the company is able to offer it at a moderately reduced price to their dealers.
Features of the Vexter Fuzz Factory:
- The same Volume, Gate, Comp, Drive, and Stab controls of the Fuzz Factory
- Original Z.Vex hand-selected new old-stock germanium transistors
- Hand-polished, hand-silk-screened standard Z.Vex aluminum enclosure
- Internal power filtering to stabilize any type of 9V adaptor or 9V battery
- Green on/off LED
- Boss style Power Jack
- Same hand-assembled electronics as the hand-painted Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
- Lower price because it's silkscreened