We now have the Pitchblack Advance instead, please take a look at that one.
KORG Pitchblack Tuner - no longer available
The new standard in pedal tuners.
• 100% True Bypass output keeps your tone intact
• Choose from four types of display modes: Full Strobe, Half Strobe, Meter & Mirror
• Compact pedal sized guitar/bass tuner that fits in your pedal board.
• Large bright LED meters clearly show any tuning discrepancy.
• A broad detection range from E0 (20.60 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz).
• Calibration is adjustable from 436--445 Hz.
• A 9 VDC output jack is provided for cascading the power supply to other pedals.
• Sleek, black and tough aluminum die cast body for superb durability.
A new chromatic floor tuner with a large LED display makes this the must-have item for the guitarist or bassist.
High precision and advanced functionality and sleek style make this new guitar/bass pedal tuner from Korg our most advanced yet. The pitchblack is the same size as a compact effect unit, and features a tough aluminum die cast body that will endure hard use on the road or in the studio. While small in size, it boasts a large; easy to read LED meter with a light-emitting surface for excellent visibility in any setting from daylight, to stage light to no light as well as an extremely smooth eleven-segment LED meter that allows accurate visual tuning from any angle. With a red LED that indicates the tuner's on/off status, a large note name display, and a tuning guide that indicates whether your instrument is sharp or flat, you'll always be able to tune quickly and accurately in any situation. The pitchblack provides a tuning range of E0 (20.60 Hz) to C8 (4,186 Hz), and adjustable calibration between 436--445 Hz.
I tested this pedal out and when OFF it uses almost no power, just .1mA. When ON (when you are tuning) it uses about 30mA. And if the battery is dead, or power supply goes off, it goes to true bypass. So you can safely use this pedal on your pedalboard with a battery if you don't want to run a power line to it. Very small and convenient.