Discontinued in 2016, Sorry!
VOX is pleased to introduce the first pedal in an ongoing collaboration with guitar icon Joe Satriani.
Drawing on Joe Satriani�s knowledge accumulated from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, VOX unveils a breakthrough in guitar tone � The Satchurator distortion pedal. Designed to Satriani�s exact specifications. The Satchurator produces Satriani�s signature tone and adds new features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal.
Drawing on Joe Satriani�s knowledge accumulated from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, VOX unveils a breakthrough in guitar tone � The Satchurator� distortion pedal. Designed to Satriani�s exact specifications. The Satchurator produces Satriani�s signature tone and adds new features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal.
After almost a year of painstaking experimentation and road testing, Satriani and the VOX R&D team discovered the secrets to capturing the ultimate distortion tone in a modern-day pedal. The Satchurator is capable of very high gain levels, but operates more quietly and musically than other modern distortion pedals.
It also preserves the tone and pick-attack of the guitarist plugging into it, regardless of style, from subtly distorted blues tones through classic rock and shred. The result is a professional-quality pedal that recaptures sought-after vintage and modern sounds in a powerful, versatile and extremely musical pedal design.
�The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I�ve ever played through� says Satriani. �This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the VOX team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage as well as the studio: a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any guitar/pedal/amp configuration.�
- Analog distortion pedal designed under the complete supervision of Joe Satriani
Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- �More� gain boost switch enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- �Pad� switch pads down input to allow for high gain pedals (such as modern wahs) placed before Satchurator. Up is pad �ON�. Down is pad �OFF� for full Satchurator effect.
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage to modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar�s volume and preserves the guitar�s high end when the volume is rolled off.
- Cream chicken-head knobs for precise positioning and high visibility on dark stages