The new C9 Organ Machine springboards off the revolutionary B9 to mine
another rich vein of classic gold and provide players with nine more
definitive organ and keyboard sounds.
The C9 will transform your instrument into a convincing full body,
electric organ or vintage electronic keyboard. For each preset chosen,
it also provides precise control over important elements of that sound’s
sonic fingerprint like percussive click, modulation, attack/sustain,
drawbar setting or high frequency content. Blend your dry signal to
create beautiful layers. Lovers of classic organ and keyboard rejoice!
- Transform the tone of a guitar or keyboard
- 9 presets that were finely tuned to emulate some of the most popular and classic organ and keyboard tones ever recorded
- Provides control over percussive attack level, modulation speed, organ and dry volume
- Rugged and easy to use
- Use together with the B9 for dual keyboard possibilities!
- EHX 9.6DC-200 PSU included
DRY VOLUME KNOB
Controls the volume of the untreated instrument at the ORGAN OUTPUT jack.
ORGAN VOLUME KNOB
Controls the overall volume of the ORGAN preset.
MOD controls the speed of modulation. Modulation can be completely
turned off when MOD is set fully counterclockwise. The type of
modulation is contingent on the preset selected. The different types of
modulation available are vibrato, tremolo and chorus. See the preset
descriptions for modulation type.
CLICK controls percussive click level. It was designed to simulate the
harmonic percussion effect on classic B3 and C3 organs. The click is
added to the very first note or chord played. The click will retrigger
only when current notes have been released and their amplitude falls
below a threshold. For most presets, CLICK controls parameters unique to
the preset. See the preset descriptions for details.
Press the BYPASS Footswitch to toggle the C9 between buffered Bypass and
Effect mode. The status LED lights when in Effect mode.
DRY OUTPUT JACK
DRY outputs the signal present at the INPUT Jack through a buffer
circuit. The dry signal is outputted regardless if the C9 is in Effect
or Bypass mode. The DRY Volume knob does not change the volume at the
DRY Output jack.
ORGAN OUTPUT JACK
ORGAN outputs the mix set by the DRY and ORGAN controls.
1. Tone Wheel - Classic tone wheel-esque organ sound. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
2. Prog – Paying homage to the massive sound of Keith Emerson of Emerson
Lake and Palmer. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of two
intervals: a fifth above and an octave below.
3. Compact - This preset imitates a sound similar to Ray Manzarek’s tone
on the Door’s “Light My Fire.” MOD type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the
level of upper harmonics.
4. Shimmer - This preset is based on an effect made popular by Brain Eno
and Daniel Lanois. MOD adjusts the attack time. CLICK controls the
5. Lord Purple – Our salute to the Jon Lord-ish type organ sound of Deep
Purple. The ORGAN level controls the level of one set of 3 drawbars.
MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of a second set of 3 drawbars.
6. Mello Flutes – A tribute to the classic Mellotron flute tape sound of
The Beatles’ song “Strawberry Fields Forever.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK
adjusts the depth of the vibrato.
7. Blimp - Led Zeppelin type sound. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
8. Press Tone – EHX’s nod to the great organ sound found on The Beatles’
song “Let It Be.” MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
9. Telstar - Envisions the legendary sound of a Clavioline as used on
The Tornadoes song “Telstar.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level
of upper harmonics.
Note: On presets 2, 3, 5 and 7; the CLICK knob is a volume control that works independently of the main ORGAN volume knob.
NOTES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• C9 has buffered bypass.
• Input impedance is 1M.
• Output impedance for both output jacks is 500.
• Current draw of the C9 is 100mA.