In 2021 we are now making a MINI JUICER!! Mini case, no battery, no options, same circuit and parts.
We also use the MXR size case if you need top jacks (power jack on either side), battery room, or want the high cut switch. On the left is the old style, middle is MXR size, right side is mini :
New REV5 version in 2016, less noise, same great tone!!!
More info about this pedal is on our
- 100% original (not WD reissue) Dan Armstrong O.S. circuit and sound.
- Power jack now standard, no more noise with cheap power supplies.
- True Bypass with 3PDT switch
- Standard bright LED
- NOS Fairchild 2N5457 transistors and germanium diode, and JRC4558 chip
- Expensive high quality Matsushita/Panasonic capacitors and tantalum caps as on the originals.
- Awesome as a stacking pedal into OD or Distortion pedals.
- RE'AN UK jacks for best noise isolation and operation.
- Durable Orange Powder-Coated finish with Orange peel texture in 2003!
- original size 2.5" x 4.75" x 1.5", or MXR size 2.25" x 4.25" x 1.25", not including jacks, switch, etc
- Mini size 1 3/8" wide, 3 1/2" long, and 1 1/4" tall, not including jacks, switch, etc.
- One knob, external volume knob (original orange squeezer had a volume trim pot inside)
- About 8 dB of gain available at factory BIAS setting.
- The Bias trim pot is inside, as it does not need adjustment once it is set right.
- Optional HIGH CUT toggle for normal, dark, or very dark. Great on bass but usually too dark for normal guitar tones.
- optional ON/OFF volume pot for larger version, to disconnect battery without having to unplug the input jack. Only available with side jacks.
Also see the bottom of
this page for some customer reviews of the Juicer.
Here is a comparison of a Skynyrd lick on the Strat
by Roger Filgate:
Here are two more comparison clips of the Juicer and Comprossor. Bill Hullett, one of the
great Tele players in Nashville, recorded this through a tweed deluxe.
Comprossor. Thanks, Bill!!!
Here are Some funky JUICER sounds
on a strat (Roger Filgate).
Here are some samples from
Guestroom Project .
This one is
Time Part 1 a clean guitar with juicer. There are
more samples of songs with our Juicer and TS9/808 mods
on their website, like Traffic (uses our brown mods
and juicer on twin leads), Fix uses these also,
and Time Part II at about 3:50 has a good lead sound
with these 2 pedals.
Here is a clip by Rogers Stevens of Blind Melon
from their 2007 album. He is playing his Nash Strat with Rio
Grande pickups through our Mini Bicomp into a Blockhead amp.
He did one take with each side of the pedal for
a cool sound of both of our comps together!
He said it was convenient and took only about five minutes!
Bicomp Double Solo
Here is a
youtube video of
Brad Rice from Keith Urban's band playing with
Tift Merritt live from Austin, TX. He's playing our JUICER pedal for some
tasty slide work and a nice solo towards the end, if you are not
too distracted by Tift to notice.
Here is another clip from
which will be on his GET KILLER TONE dvd series.
The Tele and '59 Bassman reissue with the JUICER :
Doug says, Again, we're on the bridge position of the tele, but the amp and the compressor
make this a really useful sound in the studio. Think John Lennon and Mott the Hoople.
Comprossor vs Juicer, and Mark Knopfler tone
This is an excellent video about getting the
Sultans of Swing tone and
he shows both sides of the mini bicomp with some excellent playing and explanation.
Juicer on Bass
Tony Levin and many bass players use the juicer as their secret weapon. Here is a video showing the normal Juicer sound on bass plus our high cut option which can be useful for some music.The high cut is not needed for guitar, usually too dark for normal tones.