Summer 2020: these still have four NOS MN3008 chips.
For over 30 years, the Deluxe Memory Man has
been the industry bottom line for sweet organic delay and modulation.
Prized by serious musicians, the DMM became the definition of attitude
and character that still leads the way to analog perfection. The Deluxe Memory Man w/Tap Tempo 1100mS was born and the best got even better.
The Deluxe Memory Man w/Tap 1100mS is, however, was only occasionally
available with the very rare MN3005 NOS ICís it
requires. Thatís why weíve created the new Deluxe Memory Man 550-TT. It
shares all the powerful features of the 1100mS unit, except for its
longer delay time, by using four NOS MN3008 chips.
550 stands for its maximum delay time in
milliseconds and thatís the same spec as the classic Deluxe Memory Man.
Tap Tempo guarantees youíre always in sync with the groove, wherever a
performance (or your rhythm section) takes you. Five Tap Divide
subdivisions deliver rhythmic variation while an Expression Pedal input
provides real-time player control over Blend, Rate, Depth, Feedback and
Delay. The FX Loop lets you insert effects into your wet signal without
changing your dry signal.
Sure to be prized by serious
aficionados of lush delay and modulation, the new Deluxe Memory Man
T550-TT leads the way to analog perfection.Quick Specs
ADVANCED FEATURESHold down the TAP TEMPO button and the FEEDBACK will ramp up for easy infinite repeats! Let go, and it goes back to your feedback setting. You can program in a different MAX value if you want.
- The sound of the Deluxe Memory Man with the addition of Tap Tempo
- Five Tap Tempo subdivisions: dotted eighth, quarter note triplet, eighth note, eighth note triplet and sixteenth note
- Delay produced using new old stock Panasonic bucket brigade chips MN3008
- Five Expression Modes: Blend, Rate, Depth, Feedback and Delay
- Send and return EFX loop allows effects to be added to only the delayed signal
- Fully adjustable control over Rate and Depth of the modulation
- Input for an External Tap switch
- True Bypass
- 9 Volt power supply provided
You can use a DUAL tap tempo switch to control the TAP DIVIDE or EXP MODE buttons, in addition to TAP TEMPO. You need to solder a jumper on the circuit board to choose which of the two you want to control, and after doing that you need to always use a stereo cable plugged into the TAP TEMPO jack. We can build you a stereo tap tempo box and solder the jumper for you if you'd like.