In late 2018 we have a new case, a standard Hammond type as used on the Bi-Chorus. This will allow more options like top jacks, mix knob, and toggle. We also have some old style cases left but the paint is a bit ugly on them, usually on the sides. Those old cases are $10 off. Below is the new case with MIX knob and Depth toggle options.
The Analog Man Chorus now has true bypass (since 2000), depth knob, and cool silk-screened, darker blue hammertone powder-coated cases for durability. Also using the highest quality circuit boards, double-sided to isolate the signal from any noise, and professionally soldered for perfect, reliable circuitry. These also have more shielding, less jumpers, and no volume drop when the pedal is switched ON. Still has the same awesome sounding circuit!
Starting in July 2003, we had our own heavy duty cases made for the standard Chorus. They still look about the same but now only 2 short screws need to be removed for changing the battery. They were steel up to 5/04, then they were made from aluminum. This is more expensive for us but we like aluminum best for corrosion resistance and ease of machining. Starting in 2005, we use the ultimate - aluminum top (not too heavy, good machining properties) and steel bottom (bottom heavy balance, pedal feels the "right" weight in your hand). In late 2018 we went to a normal Hammond type case so we could offer top jacks and mix knob options.
For more detailed info on our chorus pedals, please check out analogman.com
- True bypass on / off switch, no loss of tone when off.
- LED ON/OFF status indicator.
- Battery disconnected when INPUT cord removed.
- Battery disconnected when POWER CABLE inserted.
- Standard Power jack on all models, allows BOSS style PSA adaptor (barrel type, 2.1mm x 5.5mm).
- 120Vac -> 9vDC Wall-wart Adaptor available for $15 extra.
- We also have 12V DC Adaptors available, also $15.
- Low current draw - under 10mA when ON!
- Old depth switch replaced by depth control knob allowing
exact settings of depth.
- Speed control knob, from low speed to faster than a
- MIX knob or trimpot option. At halfway, same as normal, or can dial in more or less effect.
- All aNaLoG full chorus, using original Japanese NOS MN3007, a 1024 stage bucket
brigade chip used for high fidelity, organic sound. Same chip as used in the Small Clones and others like Boss CE-2. These chips sound better than the slightly newer MN3207 or the new Chinese 3207.
- Super high quality circuit boards: double sided,
highly shielded for low noise.
- Sockets used for all chips, for easier replacement in the
rare case of a failure.
- JRC4558 op amp used, as in the TS-808
mod, in place of generic 4558 chip.
- One year warrantee to the original purchaser but does not cover
damage caused by misuse or overenthusiastic stomping. And we
will do our best to keep them working forever and for future owners.
- Cool silk-screened case with durable powdercoating
- Size : 3.6" (91 mm) wide x 4.6" (11.7 cm) length x 2"
(5 cm) tall
- Input and output jacks are on the sides, beside the switch. In late 2018 we now have an option for top jacks if you prefer that.
- Internal BIAS trim pot does not need adjustment, factory set.
But if you experience distortion, adjust it to the middle of the
range in which chorusing is heard and the distortion should stop.
Also make sure the battery is fresh for least distortion.
Here is a picture of a
TRIM POT, turn the white
center part with a small screwdriver. The factory setting is
marked with a black line.
- Stereo option! This was the first stereo pedal that was made available
with true bypass. Normal (top) output on STEREO
version is exactly the same sound as the Standard MONO
- Stereo is TRUE STEREO outputs. Each side is heard chorused, not
like some pedals with one side dry and one side effected.
One side dry is simple - any pedal can easily have the wet
and dry come out seperate jacks. It takes no additional circuitry on
a chorus pedal to do that.
However with true stereo on each side,
if you record in stereo and later mix or play it back
into mono, the chorus will be lost. This is the same with Boss
CE-2, Ibanez CS-9, Arion stereo chorus, and almost all other